We invite you to join our dynamic team of volunteers!
Networks Ministries is a non-profit society that has grown from 1 person’s vision to impact our community with compassion and care, to a team of over 30 volunteers! Networks Ministries mission is to help those dealing with homelessness or living in poverty by helping to remove the barriers that can keep them there. At Networks we use a wrap around delivery model for the work we do. A wrap around model means that we surround (wrap) a client with services that can give someone the tools and support needed to feel loved and cared for. We are looking for volunteers to join our dedicated team to help us walk out our vision for our community; “It is our hope that anyone who comes through our doors will feel that they have found a safe place to get the help they need in a way that is understanding and compassionate.”
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Sorting donations for our Free Store
- Working in our Free store helping clients shop for household items
- At our Pantry front desk booking appointments for the pantry
- Working in our Pantry (food bank), helping clients shop for any food items that they need
- Admin assistant, working in the office answering phones and helping to direct the flow of traffic while our programs are running
- Janitorial assistance: although we do have a Janitor that comes in regularly throughout the week we have a large space with a lot of activity! Some general tidying and organizing of spaces is always a welcome addition to help keep things tidy and flowing smoothly. If organization is your passion we would love to have you!
- Work Projects: A couple times throughout the year we host a work project day that brings in those willing to lend a helping hand and/or with special skills that can help us make improvements, and keep up with the general maintenance of the building. If you are interested to be added to this list please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit of information and we can contact you when we run our next Work Project Day.
What type of experience do I need to have? No prior experience or skills are needed, although an ability to work in an environment that can be quite busy at times and unconventional is an asset!
How much time do I have to commit? As little or as much as you would like! We appreciate that everyone is busy, and this takes a team effort. We have volunteers that are able to provide consistent hours coming in each week for set days/hours, and others that come when they are able. It all adds up to success!
I’m interested! Where do I start? We would love to learn a little more about you! Send us an email at email@example.com, give us a call at 1-844-432-3663 or stop by anytime Tuesday-Thursday 10am-2:30pm or Friday’s 12-5pm, and ask for Angelina.
Networks is always expanding and developing with the needs of the community. We have a vision for the Dawson Creek community and surrounding area and we invite you to be a part of this vision!